9 ways your church can support a pregnancy care centre
Single mothers make up 37 percent of homeless families. There are many ways individuals and churches can support women through a pregnancy care centre. Here are nine suggestions:
1. Pray for financial resources; guidance for staff and volunteers walking alongside young women; physical, emotional and relational health for mothers and their babies.
3. Take your ministry team on a tour of the centre to learn from and pray with its workers.
4. Contact your local centre for their wish list and collect needed items such as maternity clothes, quilts, bottles, diapers or meals.
5. Volunteer as board members, counsellors, childcare workers, tutors, maintenance workers, donation collectors or baby item sorters.
6. Refer friends in need of support during an unexpected pregnancy, miscarriage, parenting challenge or post-abortion grief.
7. Ask for permission to host a baby shower for a mom in their program.
8. Invite someone from the centre to share a testimony in your church service.
9. Adopt a single mother and her children.