Obituaries have long been a valued part of the MB Herald. From the funeral bulletins, eulogies, and newspaper obituaries you send, our editors craft life stories of our members to inspire and encourage our readers, creating a memorial of MB saints.
Since the Spring 2018 issue, MB Herald charges for this service.
For a flat rate of $65 for up to 300 words and a photograph, MB Herald publishes an obituary compliant with our in-house style, containing historical and genealogical information and highlighting aspects of the decedent’s faith walk.
When submitting obituaries, please endeavour to include the following information:
- Death date
- Parents’ names
- Date [year] & church of baptism (if available)
- Life details
- Date [year] of marriage, spouse’s maiden name, spouse’s death date (if applicable)
- Name of MB church where member or attendee
- Names of children, number of grandchildren, number of surviving siblings (as applicable)
A high resolution JPG or good quality printed photograph may be sent for publication alongside the life story. (Please indicate if hard copy photos should be returned.)
Send obituary and photo to one of the three avenues below, attention “MB Herald Obituaries”
- 1310 Taylor Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3M 3Z6
- upload to web form below
Please submit obituaries within six months of the death date.
Payment can be submitted by cheque to MB Herald (note: Obituaries), 1310 Taylor Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3M 3Z6 OR to Paypal.