Margaret spent a happy childhood on the farm south of Lena, Man. She began her education at the Plum Hollow School and then graduated from Mennonite Collegiate Institute, Gretna, Man., in 1952. After one year of permit teaching at the Brownlee School near Boissevain, Man., she attended normal school and earned her teacher’s certificate in 1955. Margaret’s career spanned 39 years. Seven years were in one-room country schools. Then she taught elementary grades in Cartwright, Man., 1962–67. She came to Killarney (Man.) Public School in 1967, where she taught intermediate grades until retiring in 1993. In retirement, Margaret sewed quilts for MCC sales, and volunteered at the Bayside Personal Care Home and the MCC thrift shop in Brandon, Man. She travelled extensively.