Emily and her family immigrated to Canada in 1924, farming first in Colonsay, Sask., then in Speedwell, Sask. She started her teaching career in Gravelle Ferry, B.C., and Richmond, B.C., and continued teaching in Saskatchewan after marrying Abe. Abe and Emily moved to Richmond in 1948 and to Tsawwassen, B.C., in 1974. Emily enjoyed reading, sewing, knitting, crocheting, quilting and macramé. She taught Sunday school and served the church’s women’s ministry. In her years of memory loss, Abe lovingly cared for her. Her final years were at Augustine House, Ladner, B.C.