Amanda began playing piano at church shortly after learning to play at 7; she was still making her favourite hymns sound beautiful on the piano and organ at 94. Amanda studied at Bethany and Prairie Bible Institutes, then at Tabor College, Hillsboro, Kan., where she met Henry. Amanda and Henry spent 4 years as houseparents and teaching staff at Bethany. They left to serve MB Mission in India in 1952. After a year of Telugu study, they were stationed in Kalwakurthy, and spent 7 years sharing their faith in the villages. Amanda often brought her accordion. After furlough, they settled in Hyderabad. Amanda was skilled in communicating one-on-one and in small groups. Known for her homemade breads and cakes, Amanda supported Henry’s ministry as a gracious hostess. In 1964, Amanda and Henry converted the local middle school for 475 students to a high school for 3,000 students. Their final 9 years in India, they developed the radio program God Has Spoken Ministries, becoming cooperative broadcasters for Trans World Radio, and receiving up to 40,000 letters a year. Amanda and Henry retired to Edmonton in 1986, and in 1990, became associate staff of International Student Ministries Canada.