Praying for our camps
When we think about camps, most of us think of cabins, canoes, cookouts, and campfires – maybe even ziplines, climbing walls, and geocaching. Christian camps are fun, but they’re ultimately about life transformation.
As we pray for our camps and leaders, God will do more than we can imagine!
1. Camp ministry takes a heavy toll on staff marriages and families – they’re on duty 24/7. Camp leaders often feel like they’re saying “see you in fall” to their loved ones when summer approaches.
Please pray that leaders would:
- schedule and take breaks from time to time… imperative.
- carve out time for their children and spouses… a must.
- dedicate time to be alone with God… priceless.
2. Camp directors face multifaceted leadership challenges.
Please pray they would have:
- wisdom in managing tricky camper family situations.
- insight for keeping each guest and worker safe.
- discernment in budgeting, fundraising, and infrastructure issues.
- grace, courage, and patience for problem-solving in real time.
3. A wise person once said, “Keep the main thing the main thing.”
Please pray that:
- the entire camping enterprise would remain mission focused.
- directors would find godly, qualified staff to recruit, train, and supervise.
- leaders would be Spirit-led and sense a clear call from God.
4. We want our Christian camps to be about the One – Jesus!
Please pray that:
- Christian kids will invite their friends to camp.
- donors will help sponsor kids to camp.
- staff will learn, grow, and serve in Christ-honouring ways.
- thousands of campers will be won to the One this summer.
–Merv Boschman is director of camp ministries for the B.C. conference, and also serves as interim B.C. conference minister.