When she was growing up, Eva’s family didn’t have much food, but God provided. She enjoyed fishing with her siblings. The family moved to Winnipegosis, Man., in 1938, and to Hatzic, B.C., in 1941. Her teens were spent in Mount Lehman, B.C. At 17, Eva attended Bible school in Clearbrook, B.C. She accepted Jesus as Saviour Nov. 8, 1944. Eva completed high school at Mennonite Educational Institute, Abbotsford, in 1947. She decided to go to nurse’s training, but when she got engaged, her plans changed. Eva and John pastored County Line Gospel Chapel, the West Coast Children’s Mission outreach in Aldergrove, B.C., 1956–60. They were ordained by East Aldergrove MB Church (now Ross Road) in 1957. Eva and John pioneered Peden Hill MB Church (later Westwood MB), Prince George, B.C., 1960–63. They helped Queensboro MB Church, New Westminster, B.C., in 1963. Eva helped support the family through cleaning services. They also did church work in Squamish and Keremeos, B.C. When they returned to Abbotsford, Eva loved being near her mother and found a family at Clearbrook MB Church.